Bible Study Questions for January 5th, 2019
Saturday at 10:00am EST
“To the Editor of the Macon Evening News.
“Christian Science in no sense discredits the plain teachings of the Bible, and it clearly recognizes that the Christ-way of dealing with the devil and all his works — sin, disease, and death — is the only way. It only discredits the theories and opinions of men which have departed from the whole salvation which it promises and which is realized through a right understanding and a right relationship to Christ, who is ‘the same yesterday, and to-day, and forever.’ The Bible to the Christian Scientists is not only the good Book, but also the health Book and the life Book; and Christ is not only the Saviour of men, but also their ever-present physician, helper, and friend.”
Excerpt from the article “Christian Science versus the Devil” by J. R. Moseley, found in the December 26, 1901 Christian Science Sentinel
Topic: Daniel in the Lions’ Den
Moderator: Thomas from NY
Bible Readings: Daniel 5: 29-31; Daniel 6: 1-28, Hebrews 11: 1-2, 32-34
- Belshazzar was King of the Chaldeans. Which prophet was from Chaldea?
- What languages were used in writing the book of Daniel?
- How could the sealing of the mouth of the den have been a protection for Daniel?
- What truths did Darius tell us?
- How did Daniel pray? Give examples from the book of Daniel. (See Daniel 9: 3 — “I set my face unto the Lord God,”)
January 2019 Bible Study sessions:
|01/05/2019||Thomas from NY|
|01/12/2019||Lynda from PA|
|01/19/2019||Mike from NY|
|01/26/2019||Chardelle from PA|
February 2019 Bible Study sessions:
|02/02/2019||Shukrat and Shihidat from MD|