Bible Study Questions for February 23rd, 2019
Saturday at 10:00am EST
“We read in the Scriptures: ‘There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.’ ‘Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.’ ‘Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.’
“Wisdom is won through faith, prayer, experience; and God is the giver.
“’God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.’”
From “Letters To Branch Churches” in Miscellany by Mary Baker Eddy, page 205
Topic: “…where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding?” Job 28:12
Moderator: Thomas from NY
Bible Readings: Job, chapters 32 to 37
Click here to read Tom’s Notes for this Bible Study
- Who is Elihu?
- What do the following texts mean in context of this week’s lesson:
- Job 33: 4 “The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” and Job 37: 10 “By the breath of God frost is given: and the breadth of the waters is straitened.”
- Job 34: 3 “For the ear trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meat.” and Job 36: 10 “He openeth also their ear to discipline,”
- Job 34: 10 “Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.” and Job 36: 3 “I (Elihu) will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.”
- What other wisdom can we learn from Elihu?
Download the Word version of these questions here.
Click here for the Useful Links page.
Want to volunteer for an upcoming Bible Study? Click here for complete instructions.
February 2019 Bible Study sessions:
|02/23/2019||Thomas from NY|
March 2019 Bible Study sessions:
|03/02/2019||Mike from NY|
|03/09/2019||Chardelle from PA|